Thursday, September 18, 2014

Vegan MoFo Winesday with Carrot Slaw and Tempeh


Some weeks, we celebrate Winesday on Wednesdays. Winesdays we eat good food and enjoy wine (I prefer a rich, dry red. Malbecs and Chiantis top the list). Usually when we celebrate Winesday, we do so with our good friends, Annie and Bart.

Note- ever since my head issues this summer, I can't have more than a glass or two of wine, but these are still fun evenings.

Last Wednesday, I decided to make Maple Tempeh triangles with Carrot Slaw, a recipe from the Happy Healthy Life blog.


First, I sliced up my tempeh, and while they were cooking in the skillet with syrup, soy sauce, and liquid smoke, I mixed up a carrot slaw. This slaw uses tahini instead of mayo, and is nutty in flavor. I added extra raisins, I've been on a raisin kick lately!


The final product was tasty with the chilled slaw and warm tempeh. Even Bart, a serious meat and potatoes guy, seemed to like it.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment