Thursday, September 25, 2014

Vegan MoFo Chana Dal Chowder


Oh, man this soup is so good, I want to run away with it.

Chana Dal is like cooking lentils or split peas, not as time consuming as dried beans. Super easy.

I pre-cooked the chana dal for about 20 minutes in water, then added vegetable broth.
Once that was going, I used a whisk to mix in about a fourth of a cup of flour.
In a skillet, I cooked an onion, potato, and red onion, all diced, with just a smidgen of water and some curry powder.



Once the onions started to become translucent, and the potatoes had crisped a bit, I mixed the veggies into the soup, added a few tablespoons of almond milk and let it simmer on the stove until it smelled so good I couldn't take it.


This soup is so warm and lovely! Slightly spicy, and filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment