Friday, September 19, 2014

Vegan MoFo Humble take on Cafe Gratidude bowl


When we were out in Kansas City this Summer, we visited Cafe Gratitude (see original post here). Cafe Gratitude is a vegan restaurant with devotion to plant based empowerment foods. Their menu is filled with positive mantras. One of my favorite dishes that day was what my brother ordered, I am Humble, a comforting curry-like bowl that I think will become popular in my house this fall.


I made brown rice, and curried red lentils. Then I sautéed some spinach, onions, and a yellow bell pepper. I then layered these in a bowl, topped with green onions and a spicy mint cilantro sauce!


Autumn in my house is a time for comfort foods! Soups, chili, gravies, and all of those warm, creamy things that feel so good in my belly after a brisk day!
This recipe was simple, and successful. It will go into regular rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment