Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Vegan MoFo review of Earth Balance white cheddar Mac & Cheese


Oh, those folks over at Earth Balance know what vegans want, don't they? They came out with Vegan Cheddar crackers earlier this year, and I bought 17 boxes...
Okay, don't think I am THAT crazy, I've only eaten 2 of the boxes. But Cheese like crackers were the only things I missed when I went vegan.

This summer, Earth Balance released Mac & Cheese, in cheddar and white cheddar flavor. I got the white cheddar flavor to try.

 

Opening the box, this looks like something I would have eaten in College. Small noodles, and a packet of powder.


I cooked the noodles in water for about 10 minutes, then, according to directions, I added 2 tablespoons of Earth Balance vegan butter, 4 tablespoons of almond milk, and the cheese powder.


I tasted the finished product, and was pleased. It was pretty tasty. Not too overwhelmingly cheesy, not too artificial tasting. Then I fancied it up by adding chives and black pepper.
Will I buy this again? Honestly, probably not. It isn't a problem with this product, I just prefer making my own mac from scratch. It is easy, and I think mine is healthier, and with way less sodium. Also, the serving size of the Earth Balance Mac is small. The entire box prepared fit in my bowl, and that was 2.5 servings.
I might, though, get some boxes for my daughter, Mia, I think this would be easy to prepare in a microwave & simple in the dorm room.


No comments:

Post a Comment