Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Vegan MoFo Sonoma Salad for Mia


My girl visited me from college this past weekend, and I wanted to make one of her favorites for her to take back to her dorm. She loves Sonoma Salads (originally from a Happy Herbivore recipe). It is colorful and healthy, and easy to eat as a meal, or as a forkfull or two straight out of the fridge between classes.


First, I prep the tofu. I cube it, and simmer in a cup of vegan chicken broth on the stove for 20-30 minutes. After the tofu is infused with flavor, I pull it off the stove and let it cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, I chop. Celery, and two kinds of grapes (I like black & red seedless- just for color, but if you only had access to green, that would be fine, too.) About a cup -1.5 each. As you like.


Then I mix in a large spoonful of vegan mayo, and sprinkle in some dried dill, and stir all the ingredients together. I like serving this salad over a handful of spinach, or stuffed into a pita pocket.
Letting it sit over night really melds all the flavors together, so it is one of those neat dishes that is almost better as leftovers!


Mia and I each had a bowl for lunch, then she took the rest with her back to college!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I've nominated you for a Liebster award! I hope you don't mind, but I think its a fun thing to do and a great way to end Vegan Mofo 2014. Go check it out here

    ReplyDelete