Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Some days... (that id that is me).

Some mornings I wake up and I feel grouchy about running.  I make up reasons not to do it.
It's too hot.
It's too cold.
It's raining.
It might rain.
It's too dark.
I ran yesterday.
I drank too much last night.
I didn't sleep well.
I don't feel good.
It won't kill me to skip a day.
I'll go to they gym later.

I look at the dogs, and sometimes, I think they make up excuses, too.
It's okay, Mom.
We can just snuggle for an extra hour.
It's too dark.

Then I get angry with myself.  Why am I making up reasons?  I'm not accountable to anyone for my running! I don't have to have a reason not to run.  I don't HAVE to do it.  No one is expecting me to.

Except, then, I hear that soft, sure voice from within. That id that is me.
I'm accountable to ME.

Damnit.

Then I get up, put on my shoes, leash up the dogs, and go.


1 comment:

  1. Hi sister blogger, we have the same template. I feel this way about stairs, I do them at Swallow Cliffs and I don't want to go but I will do them after I train my last client.

    ReplyDelete