Friday, October 4, 2013

Reading, Eating, Running plan October 7-13

Fall is in the air, and I love the comfort of autumn harvests. My meals this week are inspired by some lovely vegan blogs I follow. I live that the colors of harvest food fit so well in the season, I love the oranges and browns and greens!

Monday:
Run 3
VZ Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes

Tuesday:
Run 2
PBB Mini Pot Pies
 may also give a new original recipe a try, making mased potatoes with cashew milk.

Wednesday:
Run 4
PBB quinoa tater tots, zucchini fritters & flax green bean fries

Thursday:
Run 2
choir rehearsal- LEFTOVERS!

Friday:
Run 4
I'm going to a Teacher Education Summit in Towson during the day, so this will be a "fall back" running week.  According to my running plan (No meat athlete), I should incorporate a few of these into my training to minimize the risk of injury. Also, I have noticed that when I have multiple long distance days in a week, it impacts my sleep. 
PCRM's Broccoli Burritos 

Saturday:
Acorn A-Go-Go Groovy Vegan Fest! 
Lots of walking, and lots of yummy vegan goodies to try.
ANNNNNDDDD, Mia and I are going to see TMBG! this will be her first time seeing them.

Sunday:
Easy walk
PBB  cucumber tofu rolls and/or AVC polenta pumpkin tempeh curry


This month, my college is sponsoring a Step-by-step program, trying to encourage everyone to get in at least 10,000 steps each day. One of the best parts about it is that they're encouraging everyone to get out and walk around campus, which is absolutely gorgeous this time of year. If you're creative about visiting the maintainance building, the softball and baseball fields, the children's center, the driver's Ed parking lot, and are willing to zig and zag on the sidewalks, you can get a nice 3-4 miles covered on campus.
I wear a pedometer when I run, mostly to track my distances, but I'd gotten out of the habit of wearing it all day. The official step count starts on Monday, October 7, but I plan on tracking my steps all month. Below are my step counts thus far. I did not start wearing my pedometer all day until Thursday, October 3.

Oct 1- 4301
Oct 2- 14428 
Oct 3- 10194
Oct 4- 18679
Oct 5- 22346


As for reading, I've been struggling. I was re-reading Garp, because John Irving generally re-triggers me on reading, but it's been tough! This week, I plan on reading City of Truth, and Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House. Dissertation research kicks back into high gear, so add to that lots of articles about gender in STEM!

Recipe key:
VZ: www.theveganzombie.com
PBB: www.plantbasedonabudget.com
PCRM: www.pcrm.org
AVC: www.afroceganchick.blogspot.net


No comments:

Post a Comment