Monday, September 23, 2013

Running, Eating, Reading plan September 23-29

We had the loveliest weekend in Ocean City! It's hard to wake up this morning and plan for the week!

Monday:
Rest day. I put a lot of miles on this weekend, so no running today, although I will take the dogs for a walk at lunchtime.
Dinner is tomato bisque soup I will make from scratch. I have a bunch of lovely organic Roma tomatoes I need to use.

Tuesday:
Short run, 1-2 miles. Gym cross train with Mia.
Mia has requested eggplant Parmesan for dinner. I will bake the eggplant instead of frying it, like I do for my sandwiches!

Wednesday:
Run 4 miles.
I am craving falafels.  Gotta remember to save a tomato or two. I will put these on pita bread with arugula and make some garlic tahini dressing.

Thursday:
Short run, 1-2 miles. Gym cross train with Mia.
Choir night. Leftovers all around.

Friday:
Long run, 7.5 miles.
Rob has a service award dinner, so I will see what I can do there. Eating out at restaurants can be difficult, but catered events can sometimes be downright impossible. I will pack a snack in my purse!

Saturday:
DC VEGFEST! Are you going? You should! Rob and I are volunteers for the late afternoon shift. This is always a great event, with lovely food. If you're in the DMV area, please check out DCvegfest.com for details!

Sunday:
Rob and I are going to visit his mom, Paula. We'll likely watch some football, so maybe I will pick up something to make. Also, I'm thinking of bringing Copper, if I do, I'll take her on a little run.  Sometime this week I will make and freeze a black bean sweet potato casserole for when we get back.

I'm currently reading The Likeness, by Tana French. Also listening to The Ocean at the end of the Lane. Will read next Neil Gaiman's Fortunately the Milk, then Seth Grahme-Smith's Unholy Night.
Rob has been on a reading kick, too! He's currently reading Stephen King's Salem's Lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment