Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My top 10...

I'm participating in the #writeandrun31 challenge, where I'm trying to write and run each day in January.
Running has been pretty easy, especially since I'm just coming off the #rwrunstreak, so I've only missed a couple of run days this month. On the writing front, since I'm trying to write on my dissertation, I haven't been quite as successful, but I'm working a little at a time.

As part of this challenge, our hosts post writing prompts. Today's prompt was too good to pass up: top 10.

So here's some of my top 10s. Not necessarily in order.

Top 10 books (fiction):
1. Ishmael- Daniel Quinn
2. Neverwhere- Neil Gaiman
3. The Time Travelers Wife- Audrey Niffenger
4.The world according to Garp- John Irving
5. The dogs of Babel- Carolyn Parkhurst
6. High Fidelity- Nick Hornby
7. Farenheit 451- Ray Bradbury
8. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close- Jonathan Safran Foer
9. Anthem- Ayn Rand
10. The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood

Top 10 books (nonfiction):
1. The passion of the western mind - Richard Tarnas
2. The Know it all - A.J. Jacobs
3. The Blind Watchmaker - Richard Dawkins
4. The botany of desire - Michael Pollan
5. A brief History of Time- Stephen Hawking
6. Eats, Shoots & Leaves- Lynne Truss
7. A history of the world in 6 glasses- Tom Standage
8. What Einstein told his barber- Robert Wolke
9. The art of asking- Amanda Palmer
10. The Omnivore's dilemma- Michael Pollan

Top 10 cookbooks:
1. Happy Herbivore Everyday- Lindsay Nixon
2. La Dolce Vegan- Sarah Kramer
3. Isa Does it!- Isa Chandra Moskowitz
4. The Vegan Zombie, cook & survive- Cooney & Tedd
5. The Oh she glows cookbook- Angela Liddon
6. Happy Herbivore light & lean- Lindsay Nixon
7. Thrive energy cookbook- Brendan Brazier
8. One dish vegan- Robin Robertson
9. Thug Kitchen-...
10. 365 Vegan smoothies- Kathy Patalsky

Top 10 albums:
1. Pet Sounds - Beach Boys
2. Passion - Peter Gabriel
3. Requiem- Mozart
4. Pearl- Janis Joplin
5. Space Oddity- David Bowie
6. Nighthawks at the Diner- Tom Waits
7. Abbey Road- The Beatles
8. Theatre is evil- Amanda Palmer & the Grand Theft Orchestra
9. Hard Candy- Counting Crows
10. Living in Clip- Ani Difranco

Top 10 vegan restaurants:
1. Modern Love- Omaha, NE
2. Cafe Gratitude- Kansas City, KS
3. Plant- Asheville, NC
4. Sticky Fingers- Washington, DC
5. Everlasting Life Cafe- Temple Hills, MD
6. City O City- Denver, CO
7. Native Foods- CO & DC
8. Phoenix Garden, Richmond, VA
9. Great Sage, Clarksville, MD
10. Ethos, Winter Park, FLA

Top 10 favorite things to eat:
1. Mangos
2. Bananas
3. Kale
4. Spinach
5. Strawberries
6. Asparagus
7. Avocados
8. Peaches
9. Vegan Nachos
10. Vegan cookies

And the top 10 reasons I run:
1. Because I have dogs with a lot of energy
2. Because my beagle was getting fat
3. Because I was walking anyway
4. Because now I can eat whatever I want to
5. Because now I sleep like a baby
6. Because I've lost 38 pounds so far
7. Because my butt looks great in these jeans
8. Because it gives my yoga practice new meaning
9. Because it gives me devoted thinking time
10. Because I always thought I couldn't

No comments:

Post a Comment