Monday, January 19, 2015

Plan Jan 26 - Feb 1

Monday
Run
Chipotle

Tuesday
Run/swim
Blue corn pasole 

Wednesday
Run
Homemade vegan gnocchi with steamed greens (http://keepinitkind.com/homemade-gnocchi/)

Thursday
Run/swim
Choir rehearsal: leftovers!

Friday
Long run
Tofu Paneer (inspired by The Vegan Zombie)

Saturday
Vegan pizza

Sunday
Leftovers

On Monday, if you order Sofritas (vegan meat-y crumbles) at Chipotle, you'll get a coupon for a free burrito! Hooray Chipotle!


Otherwise,  I have a few nice recipies lined up for the week. Rob and I ended up going out with friends Saturday evening, so our pizza making date has been pushed to next weekend. At least we own the ingredients now! The gnocchi recipie for Wednesday looks a little daunting for a weeknight. I've never made fresh gnocchi before, so we will see how inspired I'm feeling when I get home from work. They may become fritters & greens instead!

I got a good chunk of writing done this week, and have a phone call scheduled with my mentor for Thursday afternoon.If I'm going to make my (new & adjusted) timeline, I'm going to need to devote more time to writing each week. Which kind of sucks, because I really prefer running & yoga-ing & reading & even watching bad tv at this point! But I am determined, I can & will do it.

Speaking of running, I'm up to 8+ miles on my long runs, which is right where I need & want to be in my half training. I have about 6 weeks until the big race, so I plan on adding 1 mile each week for the next 5, then tapering. I may get in a swim this week. If the weather's been good enough, I prefer to run, but it looks like we may get a storm that will send me to the pool!

January/ Veganuary is almost over, and I'm a little sad to see it end. Rob will go back to eating (some) meat after the month is over, although he will continue to eat mostly vegan. If you took on vegan goals for January, will you continue them?

No comments:

Post a Comment