Thursday, February 27, 2014

Plan March 10-17

Monday
Cardio workout
Run
-tofu scramble HHLL
-protein shake with berries 
- Tofu noodle leftovers
-carrots and hummus
-Korean BBQ bowl

Tuesday
Upper body workout
Bike
Swim
-breakfast taco HHLL
-protein shake with berries 
-out for lunch
-veggies
-taco salad

Wednesday
Lower body workout
Run
-tempeh bacon, toast, banana
-protein shake with berries 
-Korean BBQ bowl
-fruit and veggies
-deconstructed falafel bowl

Thursday
Pilates
Bike 
Pick up race packet
-breakfast sandwich THH
-protein shake with berries 
-Veggie sandwich
-peanut butter protein shake
-veggie burgers

Friday
Yoga
Short run
-breakfast sandwich THH
-protein shake with berries 
-veggie burger
-juice
-vegan pizza

Saturday
Rock and Roll Half Marathon
-protein shake with berries 
-beer and vegan cupcakes


Sunday
Yoga
-breakfast tacos
-protein shake with berries 
-lunch leftovers
-juice
-sweet potato Thai peanut burger

Well, kids. This is the week! Running that half on Saturday! I'm not fast, it's not pretty, but damned if I'm not going to do it! I'm really excited! Also, a little terrified! But it should be fun.

It's rest/tapering week up until Saturday. Besides, I'm finishing my biking portion of the triathlon challenge later today (I finished the running portion weeks ago, and the swimming portion last Thursday), so I think I've earned it! Have I told you how much I've enjoyed the variety of triathlon training? I'm going to keep it up, especially since I've decided to do the Gunpowder State tri in October!

Mom is currently visiting, and we are having a blast! Friday I took her to the gym with me, to my women's group meeting at work, and she, Mia, and I joined friends at the Wine and Design in Leonardtown for a painting class which was tons of fun.
(notice I took a 1.5 glass reprieve from being on the wagon for the class. I figured it was a required component!)

Mine actually came out really beautiful. I will absolutely be going back!

Saturday morning, Rob, Mom, the pups and I went for a run/walk along the IHRT. I'm bound and determined to get some miles on Mom's challenge while she is here. It was a gorgeous day for it!

Then we headed downtown to the National Theatre where we saw Mamma Mia! It was great, I had no clue I would enjoy it that much!

Mia and I especially loved the mom/daughter story line.

I love going to the theatre when my mom visits! Next week, we are going to see the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, and possibly VonTrapped. Then Mom will cheer for me during my race!

Afterwards, we strolled around DC (getting some more miles on Mom's pedometer!), and had dinner at Busboys and Poets, a vegan friendly restaurant in DC we love. I got the vegan Cobb salad, and the Oreo vegan cheesecake to share for dessert. It was an indulgence, and not in my eating plan, but so delicious!

Today, Mia and Rob are going to look at cars (hers was totaled when someone hit her on her way home last weekend), and Mom and I will go to the gym and then to the dog festival. It should be a hoot!

I'm currently reading A short history of nearly everything by Bill Bryson, and am almost done with The Goldfinch. I've not read as much lately as I would like, and am really looking forward to spring break when I'll have time to read!

I received this week two new vegan cookbooks, Oh She Glows and Thrive, which I'm looking forward to perusing and cooking from. I think I'll focus on OSG next week, and Thrive the week after.

My eating five times a day plan has struggled a little with Mom in town and restaurant visits, but I'm going to really get back to that today. I've really been seeing and feeling results with that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment