Sunday, February 23, 2014

Plan Feb 24-March 2

Monday
Cardio workout
Run/ Bike
-tofu scramble HHLL
-protein shake with berries 
-vegetable hummus wrap HHLL
-baked sweet potato
-cumin tempeh, steamed kale, and brown rice

Tuesday
Upper body workout
Bike
Swim
-breakfast taco HHLL
-protein shake with berries 
-carrot apple soup HHLL
-cumin tempeh, kale and rice leftovers
-Sonoma vegan chicken salad with pita bread HHLL

Wednesday
Lower body workout
Run
-tempeh bacon, toast, banana
-protein shake with berries 
-Sonoma vegan chicken salad leftovers
-protein peanut butter shake
-Thai tacos HHLL

Thursday
Pilates
Bike 
Swim
-breakfast sandwich THH
-protein shake with berries 
-Thai tacos leftovers
-carrots and apples/ juice
-burrito salad bowl HHLL

Friday
Cardio workout
Shamrocks and Saints half marathon run
-breakfast sandwich THH
-protein shake with berries 
-lunch leftovers
-fruit and veggies snack/ juice
-vegetable pot pie HHLL

Saturday
Dirty 30 workout
Bike
-tofu scramble
-protein shake with berries 
-lunch leftovers
-fruit and veggies snack/ juice
-5 spice harmony bowl HHLL

Sunday
Yoga
-breakfast tacos
-protein shake with berries 
-lunch leftovers
-juice
-dinner out with friends

So this week's plan looks a bit different.  For the next three weeks (building to my half marathon!) I will be adding in an extra 30 minutes of cardio each day, and eating 5 small meals a day.  I'm aiming for about 2000 calories a day.  Most of my meals are going to be recipes from Lindsay Nixon's Happy Herbivore Light and Lean. I've also given up booze and refined sugars during this time.

I did cook some great stuff this past week, though.

Monday, I veganized a recipe Mia found for Bacon Brussels Sprouts Mac & Cheese. I posted the recipe here: http://questingadventures.blogspot.com/2014/02/plan-feb-17-23.html


I didn't use the crockpot, but made a tasty white bean chili!


Mia invented a Spinach/Broccoli Perogie pie, which was delicious!

My triathlon training is going tremendously!  This last week, I put in 57 miles! Since I started I've swum over 12 miles, biked over 142 miles, and run over 62 miles.  I've gone over 275 miles in 2014 alone, which puts me well on my way to hitting 1000 by the end of the year.  I'm excited, because my daughter, Mia, has been a great motivator and coach, and is training with me.  She's also adding in the extra cardio, and will be on my same eating plan.

Saturday, I got a long run in outside!  Hooray!  It was such a gorgeous day!  Thanks to the trail maintenance folks for doing such a great job clearing away felled trees and branches.

I just read Stephen King's Under the Dome- and it was really great- a monster of a book, though!  I am currently reading The Goldfinch, and listening to A Prayer for Owen Meany- one of my favorites. 

Rob and I are now in Season 2 of Lost!  This show keeps getting better and better!

I put the Orchids Rob got me in my office, and they make me smile whenever I see them.


And my puppies can't wait for spring, when we go on walkies/runs outside every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment