Saturday, November 30, 2013

Plan Dec 2- 8

Monday:
Walk 1
Run 3
Vegan Reubens

Tuesday:
Run >1
Chickpea stuffed Portabella mushrooms
http://www.veganricha.com/2013/11/portabella-mushrooms-stuffed-with.html

Wednesday:
Walk 1
Run 4
Hanukkah celebration Winesday with Annie and Bart
Challa (a thick and eggy slightly sweet braided bread)- I will bake this on Tuesday
Www.theppk.com/2013/09/vegan-challah/
Latkes (I could eat these for days!)
Www.theppk.com/2007/12/happy-hannukah-eat-some-latkes-for-me/

Thursday:
Run >1
Chorale concert, dinner will be leftovers before or after the show.

Friday:
Walk 1 
Run 10
Rob's Christmas Party for work, I'll likely eat a small meal at home before we go.

Saturday:
Run >1
Rob and I have plans to have dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in VA.

Sunday:
Christmastown 8k
This looks like it will be a really fun race, through Busch Gardens, Williamsburg!
We will make our way home from the race, and likely pick up some food & beer on the way!



I am doing the Runners World holiday running streak, attempting to run at least 1 mile every day between Thanksgiving and New Years. This week I should have close to 30 miles, with that, my long run on Friday, and the 8k on Sunday.

Not too much cooking this week! But isn't that how it goes pretty frequently this time of year? We get so busy and we're all bundled up in layers! Seems, then, like the perfect time to kick up my running a notch.

We're getting close to the end of the semester, which is both good and bad. For the classes I teach, December 16 is the last day of finals, and for my dissertation research, my quarter ends on December 13. I'm ready for the break, but that also means these next two weeks are going to be crazy busy. I really want to have my research proposal approved by my committee before the end of the quarter, but I don't know if that will happen!

For joy reading, I'm reading E squared, and I am the messenger by Marcus Zusak. I recently purchased the first 5 in the Game of Thrones series, but I won't start those until the winter break. I also have started Thank you for your service.

No comments:

Post a Comment