Monday, April 6, 2015

The greenest, healthiest, most delicious smoothie you'll drink all day.

I woke up this morning in a little bit of a panic. I had brought home a pile of tests to grade, and then my (awesome) brother and sister-in-law came to visit for the weekend, and the tests were STILL in my bag. 

UNGRADED. 

And I wanted to hand them back during my 10am class.

So, In a flurry of feeding dogs and showering and eating the last bit of pineapple in the fridge for breakfast, I made my favorite green smoothie to take for lunch.

My favorite smoothie has three basic ingredients: spinach, bananas, and coconut water.
I like my smoothies really green, so I use about 2 cups of spinach, 1.5- 2 bananas, and 2 cups of coconut water.


In today's smoothie, I used 1 fresh banana, and 1/2 frozen banana, to give it an extra creamy texture. See my instagram post about my process for freezing bananas: https://instagram.com/p/ykCprJoy6b/?taken-by=zuzubeat



I also added a scoop of Vega one natural protein powder. This is my favorite vegan protein supplement shake. It's not overwhelming in flavor, and I actually find these sell at a reasonable price! Some days, I add a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter instead.


If you want your smoothie to be EXTRA green and healthy, you can also add in things like Matcha (fine green tea, awesome for memory and energy) or this green powder on the right is made with spirulina, wheatgrass, and dandelion, and adds an excellent taste.




Lunchtime at work! Yum!


P.S. I DID get the tests graded and returned to my students on time! Vegans are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment