Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pre-Race Jitters

If you went back in time, two years, and told me that not only was I about to take up running, but also that I would one day be running in the National Half Marathon, I would have laughed at you and told you that you were nuts.

But today, I visited the Expo at the Armory, and picked up my race bib and swag to do just that.

I am super excited, but also super terrified!

Anyway, the Expo was fun.


I picked up my race bib- which comes with a ticket for a free post-race beer!


I was happy to get a VIP sticker so that I can POTTY LIKE A ROCK STAR.  They apparently have some special port-a-potties with minimal lines for people with these stickers.


I even splurged and bought myself a fancy new watch- which will track all sorts of data for me- including intervals, distance, steps, elevation, etc.  


I will be posting my progress through competitorwireless' runner tracking.  Those posts will be on my Facebook page.  If you want to receive texts, just let me know, and I can add you to the list.  Remember, I'm slow.  My projected finish time is 3:20.


No comments:

Post a Comment