Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Aunts and Uncles

Let's take a moment today to appreciate our Aunts and Uncles.
Aunts, who always tell you that you're looking skinny, who take you out for cinnamon rolls, and to whom you can talk to.
Uncles, who tried really hard to convince you that chocolate milk came from brown cows, and was certain that there was a fire on your back on chilly days.
I have been very lucky to have fantastic Aunts and Uncles, all around, but Aunt Penny and Uncle George were always the closest to me.  They're my godparents, and played an integral part in my life growing up.
Tonight, though I raise my Manhattan to Uncle George, I also think about my fantastic Aunt Penny, as well as other Aunts and Uncles- mine and others', whom I have been fortunate enough to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment