Sunday, March 23, 2014

A not-quite spring Spring Break

Here's a review of my Spring Break in Pictures:


On Tuesday, Rob and I toasted Manhattans in memory of my Uncle George.  I was sad I couldn't make it to NE for the funeral.


My St. Baldrick's T-shirt arrived- On April 27 I will be shaving my head with my friend Cari in support of Children's Cancer Research. If you're interested in donating to St. Baldrick's, you can find my page on their site: stbaldricks.org

For my birthday, Rob was a good sport and went for an early morning run with me.

Lily and I did about 3 and a half miles. The weather was beautiful.


We had lunch at Everlasting Life Cafe- mmmmm- Vegan Soul Food!


Then we went to paint pottery.  We're running short on the smaller plates in our cabinets, so we each painted those.  



My plates are part of my vegan dish series.

Mia's


Rob's


I wanted to see the Muppets, so Rob bought us tickets to the matinee.  Unfortunately, he accidentally bought tickets for the movie Divergent, instead.  So we watched that one in the morning, and came back that evening for the Muppets.  Both were great movies, and we had a really good day.

Tuesday's dinner this last week- vegan Rubens with asparagus

My lunch on Wednesday, an arugula salad and an iced coffee.

Emily (vegan-veins on tumblr) sent me a great vegan shirt, with a lovely note and acrostic poem included in the package.  What a sweetie!


Also this last week, it snowed (again).  We all went to see the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at the Ford's Theater, and Mom and I saw the Gay Men's Chorus performance of Von Trapped at the Lisner.

All in all, this week has flown by.  I'm not ready to go back to work tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment