Monday, May 6, 2013

What Vegans Eat 5/6/13

Since Mia started working at Mom's Organic Market, she has been doing a lot of our shopping!
Anyway, tonight I thought the three of us would have this tasty frozen VEGAN pizza, some roasted garlic asparagus from my friend, Sue's farm, and this delightful creamy kale salad recipe by the Vegan Zombie!

While I was looking at recipes today, I found this bit of info:
Refrigerate fresh asparagus upright in a glass of water, covered loosely with a cotton towel. This prevents the ends from drying out.

I have never heard this before, but it makes sense!



Addendum, the dinner came out SO GOOD!  Here's what it looked like!
And people asked me for the recipe of the salad:
This is a variation of a The Vegan Zombierecipe. I mixed raw organic tahini (approx .5 c), amber agave (approx .3 c), .5tsp kosher salt, 3 large cloves minced garlic, and squeezed 1/2 a large lemon over it. Then I mixed the whole mess together really well with the kale- kindof mushing the dressing into the kale leaves. The original recipe also calls for green onions, red peppers, and carrot, but I was out of carrots, and Mia's not a fan of onions or peppers, so I left those out. I think next time I might add some red onions into my portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment