Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Plan Aug 31 - Sept 6

Monday
Run 4
Raw green smoothie
Peach caprese quesidilia (HH)
Citrus baked tofu (TVZ) with rice and broccolini

Tuesday
Rise and Shine! It’s MoFo time! Tell us about your breakfast.
Walk
BBT
Raw green smoothie
Citrus baked tofu
Biscuits & tempeh gravy (IM)

Wednesday
Recreate a meal from your childhood.
Run 4
Raw green smoothie
Biscuits & tempeh gravy
Vegan loaded baked potatoes (Z)

Thursday
Quick, easy and delicious.
BBT
Raw green smoothie
Vegan loaded baked potato
Protein shake (pre-make this on Wednesday)

Friday
Tell us about a weird food combo that you love.
Run 12
Pre-run breakfast of bananas & pb
Tofu sandwich (Z)
Sweet potato & black bean quesidilia  (HH/Z)

Saturday
Best sandwich ever.
Walk
BBT
Raw green smoothie
Sweet potato & black bean quesidilia
Buddha tempeh bowl (Z)

Sunday
Re-create a restaurant meal.
Walk
Raw green smoothie
Buddha tempeh bowl
Vegan Nachos  (Z)

Happy almost September!  This year, once again, I will be blogging daily for VEGAN MOFO! So expect to be bombarded with all sorts of awesomeness. But, more on that Tomorrow!

This week classes start. Usually we start right after Labor Day, but this year that falls too late. So, it will take a little adjusting getting back into the swing of normal life.

Food this week: I've been using a lot of the Happy Herbivore plan meals lately, but for September, I want to get back into mixing it up with recipes from my burgeoning cookbook collection and stuff I just make up. Since I will be welcoming MoFo readers, I'll try to be better about posting the origin of my recipies this month.

For instance, here's a meal I invented the other night. I call it Vegetable pasta

Ingredients:
8 oz pasta (I used spirals)
1 slightly cooked sweet potato, peeled and cubed (baked for 1 hour @ 350- softer, but not squishy)
1/2 onion, diced
2 green bell peppers, chopped
1 package crimini mushrooms, sliced
1 tomato, diced
Garlic powder, dill, and pink salt, to taste

Cook the pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
Sautee the onions in a light drizzle of olive oil. Add green peppers.
When onions start to get lighter, add mushrooms and sweet potato. Sautee for 3-5 minutes.
Add tomato, and seasonings.

In bowls, top pasta with veggies & serve.
Serves 4.

Simple.

Exercise this week: I am still training for distance running. I'd like to get to marathon distance by November, but right now, I'm focusing on my September race, the Air Force/ Navy half marathon. So I am back to running. A lot. I also am entering week two of a strength training program (BBT). It is pretty intense. The first workout I did was just for abs, and it hurt to laugh or sneeze for two full days afterward! I'm also still doing yoga every day. This month I'll be participating in a daily yoga challenge on Ig, if you want to follow there.

Reading this week: I am currently reading Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee, Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink, and listening to The Amazing adventures of Kavalier and Clay (one of my favorites!) by Michael Chabon, and The Holy by Daniel Quinn.

Guide to initials: After each recipe above, I've listed initials of where I got said recipe.  Every recipe I make is a variation of what is given. I've never been good at following rules. If I've taken a wide spin on a recipe,  I list both my initials & the source, meaning that the meal I make is so much of a variation I take ownership.
(Z)- me
(HH)- Happy Herbivore
(TVZ)-The vegan zombie
(IM)-Isa Moskowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment