Sunday, October 19, 2014

Plan Oct 20-27

Well, my week of no grocery shopping was a win and a loss. I saved some money, and cleaned out some of my pantry and freezer. Most of my meals turned out well, except for the couscous and soy curls, which tasted off, like cheap boxed food. The dogs liked it, though! I ended up cooking up a vegan burger, some frozen broccoli, and eating it over yellow grits. An odd mixture, like many of the things I ate this week. It was a good time to do it, though. Rob was out of town for much of the week, so I was living the bachelor life.

The bachelor life for me = a choice of being productive or binge watching old TV shows (I'm currently re-watching Twin Peaks. I missed the end of the series since I was living overseas when it was being aired, and AFN was behind on what it showed. The whole world knew JR was dead 6 months before we did.) and napping. This week I did all of the above. We don't watch normal TV in our house, but we do have Netflix, which allows us to watch what everyone else is watching- just a few years later.  Which is JUST FINE by us. But..... Don't talk to me about the Walking Dead. We're still on season 4. And don't you dare tell me how Lost ends, because we're still on season 3 of that...

But I also was productive. I got 2nd drafts of my Chapters 1 & 2 sent off to my mentor, and two more interviews scheduled. Once those are done this week, I can start evaluating my data and writing Chapters 3, 4 & 5. I cleaned the carpet in the living room, as well as Mia's living room area.  I've decided to re-claim it now that she is at college, and turn it into my yoga space so I don't get puppy bombed every time I try to do a floor pose. Her kitties may be equally obnoxious, but we will see. Anyway, I got the floor in there cleaned, and next I'll sort through the stuff on the desk and shelves, consolidating it so it has a peaceful zen-like feel back there. I also bathed the dogs, washed the towels and sheets, cleaned out the produce drawers, washed all of my spice jars... Huh, I feel I deserve another nap.

On another note, though, I wrangled with a headache most of the week. I don't know if it was because of the weird storms we had midweek, or if my body was going through raw plant food withdrawal... I see my neurologist this week, so we will hopefully get this sorted out.

This week, I'm back to my normal meal prep. I'll be cooking some meals from Lindsay Nixon's (the Happy Herbivore) getmealplans.com for dinner, and drinking some fruit smoothies for breakfasts. Monday's dinner is courtesy of my BOGO coupon I got from the Baltimore Running Festival this weekend.

Monday:
Run
Date night- Chipotle sofritos and Season 4 of The Walking Dead with my Love!

Tuesday:
Yoga
Spicy Sweet Potato Bowl with Avocado and Quinoa

Wednesday:
Run
Chick-un Salad Sandwich (for Annie) and Kale and Garlic Salad

Thursday:
Swim
Bhangra
Leftovers

Friday:
Run
Portobello Strip, sweet potato, broccoli bowl

Saturday:
Baltimore Vegan Soul Fest
Www.vegansoulfest.com

Sunday:
Yoga
Sweet Potato and Kale roll-ups

Oh, I developed this delicious recipe for a single serving of apple crisp! Check it out:


Slice up one apple (remove the core, first, but you can leave the peel!) The finer you slice it, the better it cooks. 
Put it and a sprinkling of raisins (oh, how I love raisins lately!) In a mug into the microwave for a minute, maybe a minute, twenty for a large apple.
Meanwhile, mix this in a bowl: 2 heaping TBSP flour, 2 heaping TBSP quick oats, 1 TBSP brown sugar, 1 tsp each cinnamon and ground ginger, and 2 TBSP earth balance butter. Mix, but keep in mind it wont look completely mixed.
Pour in the apples and raisins, and mix. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir again and let it cool a little. 
Meanwhile, make yourself a cup of tea.
Enjoy!



My friend, Cari, started running just a few months ago, and did her first 5k this weekend! I was so proud of her, and pleased to be part of the day! The Baltimore Running festival was well organized, with nice courses, nice swag, and nice runner amenities. 
They DID, however, make the 5k start time at an hour which should be unlawful! 7:20am! That meant I had to get up at 4am! It is DARK at Camden Yards in the 6am hour!



This afternoon, I am attending a Meditation Workshop at thestudiocooperative.com 
Meditation is something I've been trying lately, but would like to become a more mindful practitioner of.


No comments:

Post a Comment