Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Holy Batman, July! Where did you come from?

July 2?? It seems like this summer is flying by!

I'm teaching classes during both our summer semesters, so it is really passing quickly in my opinion.  Summer I started the week after Spring Graduation, and Summer II starts the day Summer I ends!  On top of that, I'm teaching two weeks of Kids College (STEM and LEGO) that will overlap Summer II classes.  Sigh.

You know those people who say that teachers have it so easy because they get their summers off?  Well, those people can go shove it.

I am getting some good runs in- I've been working on increasing my distance runs on Fridays so I can build up to 13.1 miles next spring.  It's been wicked humid, though- which is killing my pace.

I am also getting some good reading in.  I've been on a Daniel Wallace kick- and have read quite a few by him in the last week.  Sometimes it feels good to get on an author kick and read everything they've written all at once.

I was thinking this morning that it would be nice for Rob and I to have a week off where we just got some stuff done around the house- you know, clean the garage, organize the closet, finally hang that light fixture in the dining room...  But then I realized that if we did have the week off, we'd stumble into crazy adventures, and none of that stuff would get done anyway.  It'll get done.  Eventually.  And if it doesn't, that's okay, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment