Saturday, July 27, 2013

Reading, Eating, Running Plan week of July 28

Reading this week: I will finish Elanor Brown's The Weird Sisters, and attack Felix Palma's The Map of Time, Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake, and Rich Roll's Finding Ultra.

I am also getting into the throes of:
a) writing my dissertation- I want to have my topic approval plan submitted next week.
b) planning for Kid's College- I am teaching a STEM camp in addition to my usual LEGO math in August
c) planning for Fall 2013- I am teaching a brand new course which I need to put the finishing touches on (MTH 2120- Statistics for teachers)

Eating this week: This week is going to be salad week.  Summertime is so good for produce, I want to eat fresh things and not cook too much.

Running this week: Now that the worst humidity of summer is nearing an end, I want to ramp up my distances.  Not only am I signed up for the Half-Marathon in early 2014, but I am also planning on some longer (longer than 5k) races this fall.

Sunday:
Rest day
Dinner: Taco Salads (we missed that meal last week- so I still have the ingredients!)

Monday:
Walk 1 mile
Run 3 miles
Dinner: Portabello Steaks with baby potatoes and asparagus

Tuesday:
Walk 1 mile
Run 1.5 miles
Dinner: Creamy Quiona Salad with Apples

Wednesday:
Walk 1 mile
Run 3 miles
Dinner: Mia's Seitan & Greens recipe

Thursday:
Walk 1 mile
Run 1.5 miles
Dinner: Italian Pasta Salad

Friday:
Walk 1 mile
Run 5 miles
Dinner: Citrus Sweet Potato Salad (for this one, I need to pre-roast the yams- hopefully it will be a rather cool day)

Saturday:
Walk 2-3 miles
Dinner: Portabello and Asparagus tacos

Sunday:
Walk 1 mile
Run 3.1 miles (Dog days of summer virtual 5k- race #10 of 2013)
This will be my first virtual race- in which I will run on my own, but record my times with a national group.  I figured this'd be a good idea, since the next big race I want to run is in September, and is a 5 miler.

Here's some pictures of a few of the meals last week.  Curry Tofu steaks with sweet potatoes and asparagus, and BBQ tempeh tacos with cucumber dill salad.





No comments:

Post a Comment