Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Oh, an Ode to Running Shoes.

My first pair of Running Shoes (shoes specifically purchased for Running!) Sept. 10, 2012.  I put approximately 300 miles on these shoes, which I purchased the week I decided to become a runner.  Look closely at the heel- you'll notice a trend in the next picture.

Second pair.  Saucony Cohesion 6's, purchased February 15, 2013.  Not only were these running shoes, but they were  also Runner's running shoes.  Saucony- I never would have thought to purchase those before. My first real LOVE to shoes is for these.  More than 500 miles later, I realized I needed a new pair...  Notice that heel...

Here's those Saucony shoes up against a new pair- Yep, that pink outline spot on the heel is not supposed to be black.  Apparently I run on the outside edge of my heels.  I do it like a crazy person.  Ah- can't fault the shoes, though- I mean 500 miles!

So, I went to go buy a new pair (since I'm documenting dates- July 3, 2013)  I told the shoe clerk about my issue with the heels wearing out, and he suggested these:

Nike Anodyne DS.  Supposed to have a super cushy heel.  I tried them on (along with a bunch of others at the store) and they felt really good there.  

Weirdly enough, though, the next morning when I went to put them on for my run, they felt weird.  I was doing a long run that day, so I decided not to risk it, and wore my trusty worn out Saucony shoes.  But the same thing happened the next day, and the next.  Each day I put them on to go run, and they just didn't feel right.  So I decided to wear them a few days to work, to break them in.  Don't get me wrong, they're fine shoes, and I think I'll be able to wear them to work fine, but they're not my running shoes.

In the meantime, I ordered another pair of Saucony Cohesions.  This time in blue.  Wore them today- and they felt like home.  I think these may be my shoe.


Look at those virgin heels (only worn today- July 10, 2013!)

That being said, I had a bit of an epiphany earlier this week on the trail.  I decided to take up running in September of 2012.  I thought it would just be to run a 5k, and cross that off my list.  I hated it, I hated it, and then weirdly enough, I loved it.  According to dailymile, I've now run 0.02 around the globe, and powered thousands of televisions with the energy I've spent.  Aside from swim team in high school (which, let's face it, was a social event rather than an exercise regimen), this is the longest I've ever stuck with any sort of sport or training.

I love running.  Mostly I love running when I am DONE with my morning run, but I do love it.

And I need to buy new pants, too.  But for a totally different reason.

I'm slow, but:





No comments:

Post a Comment